19 February, 2015

And The Winner Is.....


No one would ever call me decisive.  It's a wonder that my three children actually had names when they were born!  Well, come to think of it, one of them did not...  Anyway, I hope that you have not been sitting on the edge of your chairs, waiting for the winning name of my new thread catcher pattern to be announced, because by now, ... your BUM would be mightily sore!

I want to thank everyone who entered their name idea.  I mulled each and every one of the names over, thoroughly trying them on, both in my head, and visualizing it in print. Remember when I said that I had one name for my new thread catcher in mind?  Well, I don't know if it is the best name, (See,... there's that indecisive thing again...) but it is certainly the one that stuck.  More on that later.

Just for laughs, while I was still in the early stages of writing the pattern for this thread catcher, the only name that I could think of was "The WEDGIE Thread Catcher and Detachable Pincushion".  Get it? The pincushion is made of wedges?  Still makes me laugh every time I think about it!

Even though one of the entries was not chosen, I still wanted to have the drawing for the thread catcher, the pdf pattern and a supply kit.  So Mr. T. and I held a VERY OFFICIAL drawing, right here in the Curry Bungalow kitchen.  All entries were written on a slip of paper and placed into a big ol' mayonnaise jar.  How much more official can you get than that?!? The jar was vigorously shaken to mix up the entries and then Mr. T. was securely blindfolded so that this drawing was entirely on the up-and-up.  He reached in drew the winning name.

So without further ado, drum roll, please.... the lucky winner is  LAURI SEAGO!  Lauri, I will be contacting you soon to make arrangements to send you your items.

Thanks again to all who participated.  Oh...wait... you probably want to know what the actual thread catcher name will be.  OK, here it is.

It's the "Sew Sassy Thread Catcher with Detachable Pincushion".

Not sure yet if it will be SewSassy, Sew-Sassy or just plain Sew Sassy.  In any case, now that I have a name, and if I can ever get some decent lighting for the cover photos, I can get it completed and published soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment