09 April, 2019

Thread Catchers and Mother's Day



Mother's Day will be here before you know it and I've been working on making Thread Catchers to post in my Etsy shop, Curry Bungalow.  They make really great gifts for anyone who sews, quilts or does needlework of any kind and I get have lots of sales leading up to Mother's Day.

This particular Thread Catcher got to me just a little...  My mother loved blue and she would have loved this Thread Catcher.  Sadly, she passed 22 years ago. The woman who introduced me to sewing did not live long enough to see me succeed in my own sewing endeavors, business wise.  But I know that she was proud of the fact that I made most of my clothes as a teen, sewed for my children and made things for my home.


Each time I see this photo, I am amazed at how different we look.  She had dark hair, mine is lighter.  She had brown eyes, mine are green.  I wonder how in the world she got so much lift in her hair. And look at those eyebrows!  They're perfect!  I have never ever in my life worn red lipstick but my Mom rocked those red lips in this photo.

I think about my mother often, probably because I am sewing, OFTEN.  But I especially think about her around Mother's Day.

Love you, Mom.  I'll see you on the other side.  I hope that there are sewing machines there.

No comments:

Post a Comment