03 April, 2020

My Brush With Fame



You may or may not know that I am a bonafide MODAHOLIC!  I absolutely adore fabrics from Moda.  I am always looking ahead to future collections from my favorite designers to plan upcoming fabric purchases for the items that I create for my Etsy shop, Curry Bungalow.  I have been eyeing an upcoming collection from the mother/daughter Moda design team, Sherri and Chelsi called "Balboa".  Just imagine my excitement when Sherri, that's THE Sherrie McConnell from "A Quilting Life" commissioned me to make one of my Dreamy Dresden Thread Catchers using Sherri and Chelsi fabrics.  She let me know that she was sending her fabric choices my way and I was hoping, really hoping, that they would be Balboa fabrics.  And they were!  Didn't they make up beautifully?  


We agreed that I would add my new needle minder to the pincushion and that little fussy cut flower was the perfect finish.  This little beauty will be winging it's way to Sherri tomorrow.  OK, it might be going by truck but "winging it's way" just sounds way more exciting, doesn't it?  Sherri is an absolute joy to work with and it has been my sincere pleasure to make this item for her.  


And you can bet that I will be acquiring these delicious "Balboa" fabrics to my shop as soon as they become available in September!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pin cushions! Just found them on Pinterest! I’m in awe! Do you sell your patterns?

    ReplyDelete