24 October, 2011

And More New Things...





I've been having tons of fun working on projects for the Guild. I think that I have mentioned that I am a member of the local Quilters' Guild. We are 110+ members strong and we have SO much fun! We put on one of the largest Quilt Shows in Oregon, second only to the renowned Sisters Quilt Show.

 We have a booth at our show, (which always occurs on the third weekend in April,) where we sell sewing and quilting related things that we members make. This item is the very practical Thread Catcher. It is the perfect receptacle, prettily perched next to our sewing machines, ready to receive threads, clippings and cuttings. We have done other designs, but we feel as if we need to change it up from time to time. We can't expect our customers to buy the same things over and over, now, can we?.

 So this is one of the designs that I have put together for this year. Instead of the usual 4 inch tile, we are using a ceramic tile as the weighted base for the pincushion, which is made lattice style (think pie crust...) with woven strips put together to form the top of the pincushion. The pincushion also includes an emery pad, the center of the flower, for sharpening needles. The pincushion attaches to the tile with Velcro so it can be detached for portability if desired. I have two more pincushion designs to complete, both attach to the same tile/bag design, but are not quite as cute... Some ladies don't do "cute". Go figure...



I recently posted these photos on one of my Pinterest boards and have had TONS, seriously, TONS, really, I'm not kidding, TONS! of hits for this item here on my blog.  I am thinking that I need to produce this pattern for sale! 

5 comments:

  1. This is just the pattern I am looking for, where is the pattern?

    Barbara Quinn/ quinnbarbara@bellsouth.net/ bquinn1234@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make a pattern to sell please ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bonjour je voudrais avoir le patron ci ses possible merci d'avance

    ReplyDelete